Halloween is creeping upon us, and if you’re anything like pretty much everyone else, there’s a good chance you’re gonna to be last minute scrambling a costume together. We’re all busy. We’re all on a budget. But yet, the holiday must go on.
So what’s a savvy celebrator supposed to do? DIY the perfect Halloween look, of course! If you’re looking for inspiration, check out our quick guide to easy and affordable Halloween costumes you can make using discount apparel items from ClothingShopOnline.
- The Brawny Man
All you need is Weatherproof’s Vintage Plaid Long Sleeve Shirt in Brick and a roll of paper towels to become the most absorbent lumberjack at your All Hallow’s eve fete.
- Cute-as-a-Button Schoolgirl
Don your pigtails with FeatherLite’s Women’s Long Sleeve Stain Resistant Oxford Shirt and a pleated skirt and tights. You’ll be teacher’s pet in no time.
- Construction Worker
Sling ML Kishigo’s Solid Front Vest with Mesh Back over your favorite tee and a pair of jeans, and you’ve got a full construction worker outfit for $15. Extra points if you can convince your crew to go as the entire Village People.
- The Brawny Man
- Lady BurglarGrab Blue 84’s Juniors’ Triblend Striped Crop Tee in Black/Heather and pair it with Boxercraft’s Women’s Leggings in Black, and you’ve got the most comfortable and flattering Halloween costume of all time. Follow these instructions to make a felt bandit mask, and bonus tip: stuff a pillowcase with cotton balls, and draw a money sign on it!
- Golf Champion
You’ll be king of the course in Adidas’s Golf ClimaLite® 3-Stripes Cuff Polo. Grab a toy club or two, and you’re ready for Halloween in no time.
Whip together a set of angel wings and a DIY Halo, and pair them with Alternative’s Vintage Burnout Racerback Tank in Powder Blue. Pretty. Simple Affordable. Maybe you can even convince your bf or bff to don some devil horns?
- Woodstock ProTear some frays into an old pair of jeans and top them with Dyenomite’s Short Sleeve Rainbow Cut-Spiral T-Shirt. Check out the nearest party store for a groovy wig and matching sunglasses. Don’t forget to peace sign in your pics!
- Wednesday AddamsIf you’re sick of smiling for pictures, why not try a costume you can grimace in all night? To achieve the quintessential lone wolf look, top Jerzees’s Dri-Power Sport Women’s Closed Hole Mesh Sport Shirt in White with Bella + Canvas’ Women’s Flowy V-neck Dress in Black. Braid your hair into pigtails, and you’re ready for a night of melancholia.
- ChefFor only $7.44, Liberty Bags’ Adjustable Neck Strap Three Pocket Apron will turn you into a kitchen professional in mere seconds. No need to buy a chef’s hat – show of your DIY skills by making your own!
- Rosie the Riveter
Transform yourself into the emblem of female empowerment by cutting the sleeves off Sierra Pacific’s Women’s Long Sleeve Denim up to your elbows, then rolling them up to tee-length. Cut Alternative’s Women’s Printed Meegs Eco-Jersey Racer Tank into a square and wrap your hair in it. Don’t forget to flex for pics!
Contrary to popular belief, Halloween doesn’t have to be stressful or expensive. If you’re in a pinch this year, you just need a few ClothingShopOnline items to create a picture perfect look. If you do go with any of our suggestions, we’d love to see them. Tag us in your Instagram pics: @clothingshoponline.